Multiple wired amps, how to link them all

• 27 December 2018
  • 3 replies

I have two separate systems.
Music room (Zone 1)has valve amp servicing turntable and Olive One HDD storage as Source with two wired B&W speakers.
TV room (Zone 2) has hometheatre 5.1 amp/receiver servicing TV with 4 wired roof-mounted speakers and sub.
Both systems have Bluetooth input into a spare channel currently for music from iPhone.
House has wifi
Just received Sonos One which stands alone and plays internet music and radio (via Alexa)
No other independent wireless speakers.

So: how can I connect music room source amplifier to TV room amplifier so music from source plays on all speakers?
Or allow iPhone music via Bluetooth or over wifi plays simultaneously over all speakers?

And what do I need to add (and to which system) to supply additional wireless speakers I might buy for other area of the house or outside?

Don’t need to play different things in different zones.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

To play Sonos sources in sync over existing receivers/amplifiers, you will need a Sonos Connect. Note that if the receiver uses a DSP of some sort, there may (or may not) be some delay added to the output. Using a "Direct" or "Passthrough" mode on the receiver usually gets rid of the delay.
One Sonos Connect for each amp? Wired for input and output?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
How many connects depends on how much difficulty running a cable from a central Connect to each amp will be. You can easily drive multiple amps from a Connect but if running the cable is going to be hard you might want multiple connects and less construction work.