Landscape speakers

• 3 June 2019
  • 2 replies

I'm currently researching landscape speakers such as:

JAMO JL4810
Sonarray
acoustic landscape AS4.1

or something similar.

A lot of these show install with "their" amps and show a daisy chain type connections in series (ie a 70V system) for multiple speakers and the sub. Would the wiring be any different for the Sonos AMP since the AMP is an 8 ohm system?

Would I use a similar hookup if I were to use the AMP, or should I buy "their" amps and purchase a separate CONNECT?

Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi James21

Below is the official word by Sonos on wiring speakers in series, Read more about using the Sonos Amp at the link: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/265?language=en_US

I would recommend contacting the manufacturer of the speakers you are considering to see if they have a suggestion on how the Sonos Amp might be used. If their proprietary Amps have RCA inputs then you could use a Sonos Connect. Know that the Connect is not rated for permanent unprotected outdoor placement.

Cheers!
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
A 70 volt system deals with long wire lengths very well but are a bit odd to folks used to 4/8 Ohm speaker setups. A 70 volt daisy-chain is not a series design so it can work with Sonos. Do some research / reading and decide if you want to go that way or not.

You can get a conventional to 70 volt converter and use the Sonos amplifiers but I'd go Connect and dedicated 70 volt amp myself.