Kitchen placement help

• 22 December 2017
  • 2 replies

Badge +1
hoping to get some advice on a little dilemma I now have. Got a Play 5 in the kitchen that used to sit on top of the fridge freezer and fill the room with sound. We’ve just had a new kitchen fitted with all new appliances and the gap between the top of the cabinets and the ceiling is a mere 90mm! I’ve put the play 5 in the corner on the kitchen worktop but the sounds no where near as good as filling the room, I’ve retuned using Trueplay. My initial thoughts were to get another Amp and a couple of decent speakers to go on top of the cabinets, but with only the 90mm to play with, I’m really struggling!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

90 mm is pretty small for a speaker. Even the PLAY:1 and Sonos One are bigger than that in all dimensions.

Is there a way you can figure out some other placement than on top of the cabinet? For instance, I ended up using a pair of Flexson wall mounts for my PLAY:1s, so that they didn't take any counter space. A friend added a couple of corner shelves underneath the cabinets for his PLAY:1s in the kitchen.
In fact, I think Flexson (and others) makes ceiling mounts, which you might be able to attach underneath the cabinets to hang the speakers.