Answered

Is the Beam right for me

• 20 June 2018
  • 1 reply

Badge +1
Hello:

Do you think the Beam is right for me?

I am currently heavily invested in Sonos with 12 speakers in 9 zones, all for music. I mostly play music off my NAS and also stream Sirius/XM Satellite radio. My listening taste are mostly Springsteen, Classic Rock, Classical, Opera and Jazz. A secondary question would be whether to take the plunge on the Sub.

My interest in the Beam is in improving the audio out of my inexpensive LED TV's. I don't sit down to watch TV for hours; the TV's are often on in the background while eating, playing with the dog, etc. An exception to this is playing the Switch. Because I'm not watching home theater, I was never interested in the Playbar/Playbase that cost more than my TV's.

I would be interested in the Beam for these three TV's:

#1 Living Room
TV: Samsung UN46EH6000
Sonos: 2 X Play 5. They are currently parallel to the TV, about five feed off to either side.
Additional Play 1 in the open kitchen behind the living room.
Might get a PS4 for this TV later in the year.

#2 Guest Bedroom:
TV: Samsung UN65J6300
Sonos: 2 X Play 1. They are currently both right next to the TV.
We play on the Switch on this TV.

#3 Master Bedroom.
This is the fall asleep/wake up TV.
Sonos: Play 3 (single), Play 1 in Master Bath.

Thank you for your advice!
Dan
icon

Best answer by hmurchison 21 June 2018, 18:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Heard the Beam yesterday. I would not recommend them for a large room but a mid-sized room is ideal. They mate nicely with the subwoofer so it may be time to fill out that bottom end. The Beam is a winner. It's priced right and delivers the same quality albeit in lower SPL.