I'm a real novice on AV but I've done some reading ...
About to get my first Sonos and multi-room audio in a new house. The home has a dedicated Home Theatre room and one (future two) other place(s) with 75" Sony TVs .
My question concerns what Sonos equipment and speaker configurations of Sonos and existing acoustic-speakers and new loud speakers I should plan to achieve my goals. I suggest below the equipment and configurations I think would meet my goals. Do you agree and what Sonos products do I need?
My goals are:
- Main goal is very good 5.2.2 surround sound for sports and movies in my small-medium sized HT room; [5.2.2 = 3+2subs+2Atmos]
- Next good to very good [but not elite] music/audio elsewhere in the home;
- Good 5.1 surround sound in (eventually) two other locations (in Bedroom and in Living Area).
- A set of good new 5.2.2 floor standing loud speakers in HT room;
- Use a new good quality Amp (e.g. Integra DRX-3.1 Atmos Receiver) in HT room;
- Sonos speakers elsewhere in the home for multi-room audio-only and (when required) to act as rear-speakers in the one to two secondary locations for TVs.
- Sonos Connect and a Connect Amp to connect existing Boston '3.1' speakers in (initially) the secondary location [bedroom] with the 2nd TV.
- Later a 3rd TV later and then a Sonos playbar or playbase for solidly good [not elite] surround sound.