Answered

Improving T.V. spoken word

• 10 March 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +1
  • Avid Contributor I
  • 4 replies

Can the new Roam speaker, or any other small speaker, be connected to my smart T.V. to improve spoken word on T.V. programmes (muffle speech a problem for me). I could buy a Beam soundbar but I’m thinking of something that could be placed next to me to improve the clarity of sound for me and at the correct volume for me without having something like the Beam which might be too loud for my wife?

The only Sonos speaker I have at the moment is a Play5

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 10 March 2021, 12:32

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Not really. You could potentially use a Bluetooth signal to connect it to the TV, but you wouldn’t be getting just the voice channel only, you’d be getting everything. It would be less effective for the voice channel attenuation, not more effective. You would be better off with the Beam, which does have the three front channels, and the ability to slightly boost the center channel. And, the Beam is designed to be connected to the TV, where the Roam is not.