Question

How to integrate Sonos into my existing system?

• 15 May 2017
  • 4 replies

Ok so I have a 7.1 receiver, 4k TV, left, right and center channel currently. My sub died and I may buy another wired one, but have considered buying a Sonos sub. I was also considering buying sonos for rear speakers. How would I connect that to my existing system? Second, Sonos speakers require a 110 power source correct?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

You can't use Sonos SUB and/or PLAY surrounds with a conventional receiver.
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
You cannot mix & match sonos products with you current AV stuff.
Saying that you could add a sonos connect to your current Av receiver to give it an internet connection, and make it a sonos zone, with tunein radio etc. But the £250 cost versus a £15 chrome cast audio is a no brainer for most.
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
You cannot mix & match sonos products with you current AV stuff.
Saying that you could add a sonos connect to your current Av receiver to give it an internet connection, and make it a sonos zone, with tunein radio etc. But the £250 cost versus a £15 chrome cast audio is a no brainer for most.

Hi, how would you put a chromecast audio with an av receiver? Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
The chromecast audio can use L&R audio phono jacks, or a mini optical toslink lead to send digital audio for the av receiver to covert into analogue.
I bought a mini toslink lead and use that on my AVR. You can then stream bbc iplayer radio 🆒