How to get existing stereo in one room to play with sonos in other rooms?

• 25 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello! I have a very good hifi audio system that I would like to make work with my Sonos speakers in other rooms. I want to be able to walk through my house and hear music seamlessly with no delays. With my Sonos speakers in different places, all works great. How do I incorporate my existing stereo system into my Sonos system? Port? Amp?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

The Port is what you need.

Delay is a bit tricky, some from Sonos some from your HiFi. In different rooms it isn’t usually a problem though.

The HiFi delay varies by brand and model but can usually be eliminated by going to direct mode and bypassing the internal signal processing. I could hear the delay in my system if I stood in the hall between my AVR and my Sonos but if in either room it was not noticable.

If you hook the Port to your Tape jacks you can select your source on the HiFi and have the Port pick it up from the Tape Out jacks. When streaming from the Port just select the Tape Monitor as the HiFi input.

Thank you Stanley