Answered

How to connect my turntable to my system

• 26 December 2021
  • 2 replies

Hello all!

I have a beam and two Sonos ones set up for our audio in our living room. They are connected to our smart tv and we play music from our phones over the Sonos app no problem. 

I purchased an audio Technica turnable (with built in preamp) for my husband for Christmas. I want to get it playing over our Sonos speakers. I think I need either the port or the amp to do this but I am confused by the descriptions. It looks to me like the amp is more expensive because it can power external speaker, but I want it to play on my existing Sonos set up.  I don't see it clearly written (in my opinion) that if I use the port and the line in connection that the port can connect to my beam and surrounds wirelessly? Is that what it does?

I'm hoping to come up with a plug and play solution here. If I get the port, plug it in, connect it to my Sonos app, and stick the line connection to my turntable, will it play my records over my beam through the Sonos wireless ecosystem? Or I need to somehow plug the port into both the beam and the turntable. Do I need an amp if I am attempting to bridge the turntable and the Sonos beam?

icon

Best answer by jgatie 27 December 2021, 00:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Port will do it.

Userlevel 7

As has been said the Port will work. The final step to fully automate sound from the Turntable to your Sonos is to set the room with the Beam (and One’s as surrounds) as the “auto play” room for the line-in source (that being your Turntable). Once done set the volume level to 50% so as not to have too loud a level when the turntable starts.