Answered

How to add Bowers and Wilkins Zeppelin Air To Sonos

• 10 January 2020
  • 2 replies

Dear all,

I recently purchase a pair of Sonos, and it was my entrance to Sonos system. My question is, since I have a Zeppelin air, how can I connect it into the new system. Which would be the best product. The Amp or the Port? Also, is there any advantage in connecting my new Sonos One to the AMP wirelessly?

Thanks a lot

Rui Freitas 

icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 10 January 2020, 14:11

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi ruifret

To bring Sonos to your Zeppelin Air (ZA) the Sonos Port would suffice via a Dual RCA-output (from Port) to 3.5mm-input (to ZA) cable. The Sonos Amp would be overkill as its main purpose is to allow one to use their own 3rd party wired speakers. 

The Sonos One’s can be set up wirelessly using your home wi-fi for flexibility in placement. Wiring one of the Sonos One’s to your router will limit placement; but establish the SonosNet for a dedicated connection outside of your home wi-fi.

The SonosNet can also be established by using the dedicated Boost Module ($99_USD). In most cases the SonosNet is only needed when your Wi-Fi is spotty. Then there are some (like me) who just prefer to use the SonosNet.

Since AirPlay2 is native to the Sonos One and the Port you could select both to play music to Sonos speakers and the ZA.

I hope this helps. Let us know if you have more questions.

Cheers!

Thanks a lot!! I will try the port!