Help with deciding on upgrade

• 15 August 2023
  • 6 replies

I need help deciding what upgrade is worth more. I currently have a setup with a beam (gen 1) and 2 ones (Gen 1) for my home theatre. 

We just bought another tv and thought it would be great to give that a sound upgrade as well. It’s our secondary tv so nothing fancy but a sound upgrade is needed anyway. 

Now, I was thinking of upgrading the system while I’m at it but not sure what would give the best performance enhancement. Should I upgrade the 2 One to Era or focus on upgrading the beam to an arc + sub (mini or regular…?).

There are so many options here… My budget allows for the regular Sub + an arc at maximum. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

I would use the Beam for the new TV and get an Arc and Sub for your home theater. Use the Ones as surrounds with the Arc and Sub.

I would use the Beam for the new TV and get an Arc and Sub for your home theater. Use the Ones as surrounds with the Arc and Sub.

My initial thought as well. Or get another Beam + mini sub and 2 Era… 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

You don’t mention your room size but I’d go Arc in anything over a 10x10 bedroom. The Sub is great but if your room is fairly small and not open the mini-Sub could be an option.

Looking at One, One SL and 100 prices it is hard to not say go 100.

You don’t mention your room size but I’d go Arc in anything over a 10x10 bedroom. The Sub is great but if your room is fairly small and not open the mini-Sub could be an option.

Looking at One, One SL and 100 prices it is hard to not say go 100.

It’s our living room so not that small, maybe 20x15. 
after reading up on reviews and advices I think I will go with the arc and sub. 

thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Sounds like a good plan. 

Later on, with that room you might be happy with adding a pair of 300s for surround and when playing music in the Full mode.

Sounds like a good plan. 

Later on, with that room you might be happy with adding a pair of 300s for surround and when playing music in the Full mode.

Yeah I went and listened to the different setups and I must say,I was really impressed by the Era 300. Even as a single speaker it was great! 

I also noticed a significant difference between my current Ones and the 100s. Impressive that they could squeeze so much sound out of such a small speaker 😁