Question

Help! Are Play:3s worth it?

• 22 November 2016
  • 5 replies

Badge
I'm trying to set my parents up with Sonos at our cottage and the room is rather large and I thought of getting a pair of Play 3s for the room. Everyone seems to talk about the play 1s and 5 but not much about the 3.

So my question is, is getting a pair of Play 3s worth the money is there a better option?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I like the play:3 better than a single play 1 for better stereo seperation. I do prefer a pair of play:1s to it and of course a 5 is always the best way to start out a system I think.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
As far as pairs I would stick to pair of play1 before pair of 3s. Of course play5 pair be awesome.
Badge
Thanks Chris. Now, would you go pair 1s over single (for now) 5? large room, open concept into the dinning room with a stone fire place in the middle. Stereo would be nice but then again pair 5 in the long run could be possible. or the addition of a sub to pair of 1s?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I guess ya gotta go with the ones. Especially if they have a 2pk special.