first time buyer needs advice

• 21 October 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I’m remodeling my house  down to the studs.  I’m planning on doing in ceiling speakers in family room, kitchen, mater bath.  The Sonos in ceilings are too expensive so I was going to do non-sonos in ceiling connected to Sonos Amps.  We entertain a lot so I want to be able to have music on in the living room, kitchen, family room and backyard, but I want to be able to control which is on when and sound levels to each speaker set.

Can you pls advise on what I what I think I should buy?

Family room w large tv (this will be the “media room”:

I was thinking sound bar and in ceiling dumb speakers.  

• Can I connect the Arc to dumb in ceiling speakers?  do I need an Amp for that?  will there be any audio lag?

I think the Arc surround package might be a better way to go, esthetically, I’m not keen on having exposed speakers in the corners of the room.

Living room w Samsung Frame 55”

This will be the room I’m sure I’ll watch weekend sports while the kids are in the family room watching Disney+.  this will also be a room that will need music for entertaining.  Due to the ceiling structure, I can’t do in ceiling speakers.

• Was just thinking an arc for this, but If I’m just watching sports and music for parties is that overkill?

Kitchen:

2 in ceiling speakers to a Sonos Amp.  

• To save $ would you recommend I go with a Connect gen 2?

Backyard:

two speakers mounted off the kitchen.  

• Can I run these off the same amp as the kitchen and have the ability to turn them off, while still playing music in the kitchen?  

Master Bath:

dumb speakers with a Sonos Amp.  

• Do I really need two speakers for a bathroom?  

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Closing as a duplicate of