Skip to main content
Question

Don't get anything - Sonos can't be trusted

• 27 May 2024
  • 1 reply

After spending thousands of dollars on Sonos products they’ve now released an “update” that makes all of it mostly unusable. They added no features, they improved no functions, all they did was incorporate advertising. Now I have to scroll through crap adds on my phone before I can try to play music on the speakers I paid stupid amounts of money for. That is, if I can even get it to work given the app fails to work and/or outright crashes most of the time. And on top of that, I’m now getting relentless emails, text messages, and popups advertising their headphones. As if I’d ever give them another dime. Learn from my mistake - don’t buy app connected or controlled hi-fi gear. This is what happens, even if the company has been trustworthy in the past.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

After spending thousands of dollars on Sonos products they’ve now released an “update” that makes all of it mostly unusable. They added no features, they improved no functions, all they did was incorporate advertising. Now I have to scroll through crap adds on my phone before I can try to play music on the speakers I paid stupid amounts of money for. That is, if I can even get it to work given the app fails to work and/or outright crashes most of the time. And on top of that, I’m now getting relentless emails, text messages, and popups advertising their headphones. As if I’d ever give them another dime. Learn from my mistake - don’t buy app connected or controlled hi-fi gear. This is what happens, even if the company has been trustworthy in the past.

I vw learned my lesson and wont buy sonos again