Considering a Beam, but will music suffer?

• 15 November 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Current set up are 2 x Ones in front of the sofa and Sub in the corner. Sounds very sweet listening to music- very happy indeed.

If I buy the Beam and relocate the Ones behind me to create a surround-sound home theatre system, will music also play through the Beam and Ones at the same time ?

I'm not sure why, but I'm concerned that surround sound music might prove distracting compared to the very nice listening experience I've got now.

I would have considered the Arc, but reading the forums, by all accounts, music sounds better coming via the Beam. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I have a Playbase with One SL’s for rears and the sub. I’m quite content with the surround effect for music, however listening is a highly personal experience. I do have a Beam but it’s on its own in another room, the sound is more dynamic but no sweeter than Ones which are without doubt the best value for cost and audio quality by some margin. In both rooms the Sonos is always on for tv, the sound is just so much better than any tv speaker I’ve experienced and adds a huge amount to any content you’re watching. If in doubt buy from somewhere that offers either a trial period or good returns policy but I doubt you’ll need it. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Beagle, 

Thank you for your reply.  How about just the Beam and Sub for the tv and keep the Ones solely for music;  how would that be? 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

That would work too, seriously, get a Beam on trial and let your ears decide. If you’re using them in the same room my bet would be you’ll end up using surround for music.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Thanks Beagle :)