Answered

Connectivity

Hi,

I own an IKEA SYMFONISK and I plan to aquire a SONOS Ray for my TV !

I also plan to buy the Pro-Ject T1 PHONO SB but I’m not sure the device I described up here are compatible with it..

Do you guys know if it can work together ?

Thx for your help !

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 23 July 2022, 21:26

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

If you want to use a turntable with your Sonos speakers, you need a Sonos device with line-in like a Five, Port, or Amp. Read more here:

https://blog.sonos.com/en-us/listening-to-vinyl-with-sonos

The Symfonisk can be grouped with the Ray for music playback - if you play TV audio however to grouped speakers, there will be a delay involving the grouped device… that may cause an echo if both are in the same room. 

You can get rid of the delay by adding two (identical) Symfonisk devices as ‘bonded’ HT surrounds and all will then play in sync for both music and TV audio.

As the setup stands, there are no inputs on the Sonos products to connect the Pro-Ject T1 PHONO SB, but it can be added and played to ‘all’ by adding a Sonos device that has RCA analog line-in, as it seems that TT has a built-in pre-amp.

The devices that have a line-in are:

• Sonos Port/Connect
  • Sonos Amp/Connect:Amp
  • Sonos Five/Play:5

HTH