Connecting Samsung UN75J6300 to Playbar

• 4 May 2017
  • 1 reply

I've read several posting about why I cant get them to connect, and I think the solution is an HDMI switch with optical output. Can anyone tell me if this is what I'm looking for?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QJGAKCW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And if so can you further explain the switch and TV settings that I need to setup. I was unable to figure it out on my first try.

Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Hello gwerchola,

Welcome to the community. Taking a look at the spec sheet for your particular Samsung TV and it looks like the TV has an optical port built into the TV set. The manual for the TV does not indicate any other settings need to be adjusted to have audio output from the optical port on the TV. Connecting a device using an optical cable does not automatically turn off the TV speakers. To
turn off the TV's speakers, set Speaker List (TOOLS Speaker List) to something other than TV speakers. TV Manual

The HDMI switch you provided a link for looks to have the functionality you are looking for. While the switches are not directly supported by Sonos a majority of folks that use them with a PLAYBAR or PLAYBASE have no issues.