Answered

Connect Gen 2

• 5 February 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi Sonos comm ,    I have a Sonos 2 app with various speakers and Sonos boost, so all reasonably modern.    Looking to use a pioneer DJ 200 mixing deck , it would appear I could plug this into a Sonos Connect gen 2 (not 1 ) to incorporate my existing Sonos speakers ?  Want to try and keep the cost down as I know there is now the port etc , just looking at a short cut with compatible Sonos products as I can buy the connect fairly cheap (£200) off eBay ? Just checking b4 i buy the connect gen 2 , would seem fairly straight 4wd , this is for home fun only , not professional,  thanks peeps 🙏🙏 Tom 

icon

Best answer by 106rallye 5 February 2021, 10:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Thanks for your reply it is appreciated. In layman’s terms is possible to describe what 70ms would mean , presume a lag . Is 70ms (milliseconds )   Hopefully this shouldn’t make much difference to my new found mixing skills 🤪

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Yes, this would work, but it would also result in 70ms delay from source to Sonos (needed for buffering).