Answered

Choice between 2x ERA300 or 2x ERA100 and sub-mini

• 16 August 2023
  • 9 replies

Badge

Does anyone have thoughts about which of these combinations to choose? For music/audio, not TV.

Price is roughly the same, within £50.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 16 August 2023, 21:32

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7

I would go with the pair of Era 300s because they give you the option to listen to music in Dolby Atmos which sounds phenomenal on the speakers. And a pair of Era 300s produce a lot of bass even without a separate subwoofer.

Badge

Thank you.  Complete ignorance here, but is Dolby Atmos for music or only home cinema? What music sources would I need to play to get this enhancement? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

I would agree given you can then listen to Atmos via Apple or Amazon. I have 2 Era 300s for music and love them. I do have a sub mini with them mind you, but they are fine without

Userlevel 7

Thank you.  Complete ignorance here, but is Dolby Atmos for music or only home cinema? What music sources would I need to play to get this enhancement? 

In your situation, if you get a pair of Era 300s, you will only be able to play music in Dolby Atmos. You can play music in Dolby Atmos directly from the Sonos app with an Apple Music or Amazon Music Unlimited subscription.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

As @GuitarSuperstar states, if you subscribe to Apple or Amazon unlimited and stream through the Sonos app, you will get some tracks which are Atmos. I tend to look on my Amazon app for Atmos tracks first then stream them through the Sonos app 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Mind you, normal stereo also sounds fab! 

Badge

Thanks both. Very helpful. I prefer two to 2.1 on principle, so this confirms my thoughts. 👍

Badge

@SarahN  I could add a submini later… is it worth putting this into my Sonos planning? Does it make a difference?

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@SarahN  I could add a submini later… is it worth putting this into my Sonos planning? Does it make a difference?

I feel it does add a bit more low end, but the 300s are excellent without. Like you say, you can add one later on