Answered

Best setup for Audio-Technica LP3XBT turntable?

• 21 April 2023
  • 4 replies

I am getting an Audio-Technica turntable as a gift and could use some guidance on how best to connect it to my current Sonos speakers. It will be this model, AT-LP3XBT which has line out capabilities.

I currently own two Play:1 speakers. I gather I could buy a Port (or I guess a not-ancient Connect?) for the turntable to connect it to my Plays, but could I alternatively just get an Era 100 and use that to beef up my sound and also broadcast to the Plays? Or are the Plays so old that they need the Port no matter what to get connected?

I won’t have any passive non-Sonos speakers in the mix so...it’s not much to work with otherwise. Thank you!

icon

Best answer by jgatie 22 April 2023, 19:26

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Any SONOS player with Line-In will work — in your case the player should be compatible with S2.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

With the ERA 100 you’d need the audio adapter too.

With the ERA 100 you’d need the audio adapter too.

Can you clarify what you mean by needing an audio adapter too? As in I would still need a Port or an older Connect type of bridge?

Can you clarify what you mean by needing an audio adapter too? As in I would still need a Port or an older Connect type of bridge?

No, to use a Line-In on the Era speakers, you need this analog to USB-C adapter (sold separately by Sonos).

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/sonos-line-in-adapter