Question

Best set up to use with a TV?

• 23 February 2018
  • 2 replies

I have recently got a new TV and it is wall mounted, i already have Sonos One’s around the home and I really like them. But I wanted to know what the best kind of setup is to use with a tv? Can you use a play bar wirelessly or have multiple One’s around the room all connected wirelessly to the tv?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi manrajsandhu

Unfortunately Sonos does not wireless connect to a TV.

The best option for a wall mounted set is the Sonos Playbar which connects via an Optical cable. The Playbar can be wall mounted below the TV or placed a cabinet directly below the set. It can also be used to play music as a stand-alone speaker or grouped with your Sonos One's to play music or deliver TV broadcast audio to other parts of your home. The ultimate setup is to bond a Sonos Sub and Play 1's x 2 or Sonos One's x 2 or Play 3's x 2 as surround speakers for DD5.1 experience.

Lesser Options are...

The Sonos Play 5 which can be connected to a TV via its RCA line out to the 3.5mm input of the Play 5. I personally would not recommend the Play 5 as an option because other than playing louder than TV 's built in speakers IMO there is no benefit compared to the Playbar. In fact I'd recommend a 3rd party soundbar for a TV over the Play 5.

The final option is a Sonos Connect Amp to which you attach a pair of 3rd party speakers and a powered (non Sonos) sub connected to your TV via its RCA output to RCA inputs on the Connect Amp. Still not IMO a better solution than the Sonos Playbar.

I hope this has answered your questions. Cheers!
Userlevel 7
Just curious...have you decided on an option?