Best recommended router for SONOS

Badge +1
What router (brand, model) to you recommend for optimal use with regard to SONOS?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
It's actually a lot easier to tell you which hardware isn't compatible with Sonos. Anything not listed there should work just fine with Sonos.

If you have any questions about a particular router model, please specify the manufacturer and model number and any of us can look at it and give possible positives and negatives about it.
Badge +1
Great! Thanks! I have a TP-link AC1750 Archer C7.
I have Google WiFi and like others I have issues. How does Google WiFi not make the "Isn't compatible with Sonus" list?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I have Google WiFi and like others I have issues. How does Google WiFi not make the "Isn't compatible with Sonus" list?

Hi Gabegg

When you say Google Wi-Fi are you speaking of their Google Mesh product or Google as your ISP...there is a difference.

On the former your ISP could be AT&T for example and you chose to use Google Mesh hardware.

On the latter Google Fiber is your ISP and you have a choice to use the Wi-Fi signal generated by the combo modem/router provided by Google Fiber or you can opt (as I did) to turn off the Wi-Fi signal in the Google equipment and use the router of your choice. FYI, I have no problems in this setup and I also use a Boost.

In either scenario the proper equipment configuration is critical to get Sonos; or any product, to operate correctly and efficiently on the your network.

If you are still having issues I suggest you submit a diagnostic via the Sonos App and post the reference ID in this forum.

Cheers!
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I have no issues with Netgear Orbi mesh system (but I am also running Sonosnet in conjunction keeping music off of the router wifi).
what about Synology Router RT2600ac
Badge +4
Google (mesh) WiFi can work well, just requires a little tweaking. Adding the Boost worked wonders for me.
Thank you. I only have 1100 sq ft

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings