Best recommended router for SONOS

• 25 July 2017
  • 8 replies

Badge +1
What router (brand, model) to you recommend for optimal use with regard to SONOS?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
It's actually a lot easier to tell you which hardware isn't compatible with Sonos. Anything not listed there should work just fine with Sonos.

If you have any questions about a particular router model, please specify the manufacturer and model number and any of us can look at it and give possible positives and negatives about it.
Badge +1
Great! Thanks! I have a TP-link AC1750 Archer C7.
I have Google WiFi and like others I have issues. How does Google WiFi not make the "Isn't compatible with Sonus" list?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I have Google WiFi and like others I have issues. How does Google WiFi not make the "Isn't compatible with Sonus" list?

Hi Gabegg

When you say Google Wi-Fi are you speaking of their Google Mesh product or Google as your ISP...there is a difference.

On the former your ISP could be AT&T for example and you chose to use Google Mesh hardware.

On the latter Google Fiber is your ISP and you have a choice to use the Wi-Fi signal generated by the combo modem/router provided by Google Fiber or you can opt (as I did) to turn off the Wi-Fi signal in the Google equipment and use the router of your choice. FYI, I have no problems in this setup and I also use a Boost.

In either scenario the proper equipment configuration is critical to get Sonos; or any product, to operate correctly and efficiently on the your network.

If you are still having issues I suggest you submit a diagnostic via the Sonos App and post the reference ID in this forum.

Cheers!
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I have no issues with Netgear Orbi mesh system (but I am also running Sonosnet in conjunction keeping music off of the router wifi).
what about Synology Router RT2600ac
Badge +5
Google (mesh) WiFi can work well, just requires a little tweaking. Adding the Boost worked wonders for me.
Thank you. I only have 1100 sq ft