Beam2 + Sub Mini or Arc for my small / mid room

• 5 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello guys,

I'm looking to upgrade the sound setup for my TV (LG OLED 65 C3). I'm willing to spend around $1000 for this upgrade, this has landed me on either a Sonos Arc or a Sonos Beam2 with a Sonos Sub Mini and later on also get the surround. I live in small/med apartment and not sure if ARC is overkill for that room. My room is only 22m, looks like this

LIVING ROOM

Also not sure what combination is better if beam2 + Sub mini or Arc.

What is your recommendation?

Thank you!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@4FEAR 

It‘s a decision of what you individually prefer. 
Arc delivers a wider sound stage because of its dimensions. Beam2 bonded with a Sub Mini compared to a solo Arc imo does have a better sound experience at the mid range and lower frequencies. 
So I would go with the Beam2 / Sub Mini setup. For the size of your room it has got enough power. 

@4FEAR

It‘s a decision of what you individually prefer. 
Arc delivers a wider sound stage because of its dimensions. Beam2 bonded with a Sub Mini compared to a solo Arc imo does have a better sound experience at the mid range and lower frequencies. 
So I would go with the Beam2 / Sub Mini setup. For the size of your room it has got enough power. 

Thanks for reply, do you think would I get a better sound experience if I preferred first 2x eras100 over the sub mini? I do not know what to pick first if surround or sub.

Thanks for reply, do you think would I get a better sound experience if I preferred first 2x eras100 over the sub mini? I do not know what to pick first if surround or sub.

That’s a totally subjective call.  If you like ambiance over loud booms, or directional cues over crash and bang, then surround is the choice.  Vice versa for the sub.