Answered

Basic SYMFONISK question

• 18 February 2021
  • 5 replies

Hello,

To keep costs down, I am think of getting a pair of SYMFONISK speakers to play music in my store in two different rooms, instead of purchasing a “real” SONOS system for now. 

Basic setup: Deskstop computer (iMac) running Spotify and Airfoil with wifi coverage in store.

Question: Can I purchase 2 SYMFONISK speakers from Ikea and have them play Spotify from my computer over wifi without any other elements?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Kind regards

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 18 February 2021, 19:11

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

Yes, just download the Sonos Controller for the Mac, add Spotify to your music services, and you will be able to play Spotify music from your Mac to your speakers. You can play Airfoil music using Airplay or through the Airfoil app.

THANKS for the speedy response, much appreciated! That’s great news. 

Love the Rashi quote, too.  ;-)

-H

Worth noting...Spotify won’t be playing through your Mac, it will actually stream directly to your speakers.  The Sonos app is just a controller.  In other words, you could turn the Mac off and the speakers will keep playing.

Thank you Danny. Got it.

-H

Got my SYMFONISKs today and got everything up and running as indicated above. Works perfectly, sounds great, thanks to GuitarSuperstar and Danny/melvimbe!

-H