Answered

Avoid people to connect to Sonos

• 27 April 2021
  • 1 reply

First of all; I am totally new to Sonos and have never owned a Sonos product before. After reading good reviews, I was thinking of getting 3x Sonos One for a hotel lobby. We are aiming to just play relaxing background music so I thought they would be perfect to syncronize them through some different rooms.

However, I am a bit concerned that guests might be able to connect to the speakers and play their own music. If I establish a second WiFi and connect the Sonos to them, and disable Alexa/Google Assistant, will that be enough to avoid people from connecting, or can they still connect through cast/airplay?

icon

Best answer by John B 27 April 2021, 12:11

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

To play on Sonos, including by Airplay or Spotify Connect, they need to connect to WiFi.  If you protect your WiFi, guests cannot play through a Sonos system on that Wifi. To play, the controller and speakers need to be on the same subnet.