Are a pair of Martin Logan Motion 20 Speakers compatible with Connect:Amp?

• 8 July 2018
  • 2 replies

I want to buy a pair of standing floor speakers to connect to a Turntable with Connect:Amp. Are a pair of Martin Logan Motion 20 Speakers compatible with Connect:Amp?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Looking at the specs, I don't see anything that stands out as telling me that they wouldn't work with the Connect:Amp. The Martin Logan Motion 20 speakers are rated at 4 ohms impedance. They'll work with the Sonos Connect:Amp on their own just fine, with a power output per channel that is squarely in the middle of the speaker's acceptable power rating (110 watts per channel; the speakers are rated from 20-200 watts).

More info on connecting speakers to a Connect:Amp can be found in this support article.
They'll work with the Sonos Connect:Amp on their own just fine
Also because the sensitivity of 90dB is high enough to get decent sound levels. The Connect Amp will work as well as any other amp that does 110wpc into 4 ohms, all that will probably differ is that the volume slider on it may need to be more to the right than many modern amps that tend to deliver all their clean output a lot earlier in the movement of that control, to give a false impression of power. The Connect Amp dispenses with such tricks.