Architectural speaker in cabintry

• 24 March 2021
  • 3 replies

I am considering putting a couple of Sonos rectangular architectural speakers in this cabinet banister thing and connecting them to a Sonos Amp. Does anyone see any reason why this wont work? Or should I look at a different option?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Under it, facing down would be iffy from both cooking heat and moisture.

Mounting on the front, facing out into the room would likely be a lot better. You’d get some heat and moisture but far less.

The plan is to mount it on the front facing outward into the room. I never even gave the heat/moisture a thought. So i will keep that in mind as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Under it, facing down would be iffy from both cooking heat and moisture.

Mounting on the front, facing out into the room would likely be a lot better. You’d get some heat and moisture but far less.

Either place beware rattles. A good ¾” particle board backer for the speaker hole would be a good thing. If necessary cut it into sections to get it inside the cavity and glue it back together and down.

Userlevel 7

Hi @Hubinator 

My answer is Yes and No. 

Yes, it can be done.

No, if heat from the oven will dissipate upwards into that cavity.