Answered

Alternatives to sound bars for home theater setup

• 7 August 2023
  • 1 reply

I moved into a new house and would like to get speakers for my TV in the family room, but because of how the TV is mounted on a stone fireplace hearth, it would be impossible to mount or place a sound bar anywhere. So if I were not going to use a sound bar, I’m wondering what combination of Sonos products would I need for home theater audio.

Ideally I’d want to add surround speakers eventually, and I’d also like to be able to stream music from the same speakers (hence why I’m hoping I can find a Sonos setup that works). 

Any advice?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 8 August 2023, 00:48

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

You’re pretty limited if you can’t use a sound bar. The only other option provided by Sonos is the Amp, driving a pair of your own speakers, which would then create an interpolated center channel. You could add a normal pair of Sonos speakers as surrounds at a later point, or even a second Amp, driving a pair of your own speakers as surrounds.