adding beam gen 2 to era 100s

• 2 October 2023
  • 2 replies

I have 2 era 100s laying on my desk in front of me with a sub mini.

I am thinking of adding a beam gen 2 to the setup and converting the era 100s to rears.

Want to mention that my room is is slightly big yet closed with not a lot of open space.

My question is : in my case is the beam worth it ? will it enhance my experience a lot, mainly for listening to music and watching movies/tv series (w/o dolby atmos) ?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Yes it will be fine - I have a similar setup with a TV in our main bedroom - sounds great to my ears. Watching surround-sound Movies and listening to Atmos and stereo music is a real pleasure.

If you do decide to go for the Beam, don’t forget to unpair the Era’s (and Sub) first, before bonding them to the Beam as surrounds. They have to all be standalone to add them to a HT setup.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Music, not so much as the 100s properly spaced will give a better stereo image.

TV, the Beam and 100s work out very well together.

Another option is don’t bond them, keep the 100s and Sub for music and the Beam just for TV. We are quite happy with just a Beam for TV watching here.