Adding a new stereo pair of sonos speakers to a different room

• 3 January 2022
  • 7 replies

• Contributor I
  • 3 replies

I have a stereo pair, play bar and sub in lounge that use to play tv and music through. I have an additional stereo pair I wanted to set up in another room. I got them working playing music from my app but it shut down my lounge stereo pair in the process.  How do I set it up so when I want to play music in a different room or through a tv in that room it doesn’t shut off my stereo pair in the lounge please 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

You have called both rooms Family Room? If so, then rename one of them. 

If you want to play both rooms then just group them.

hi @JTZ I would suggest to check the grouping of your speakers - most likely they are all grouped with the playbar and sub

Thank you, I will have a look at the groupings - it wont let me select the group at the moment on the app, but if I plug them in again in the room I want them to be in it might find them then for me to select a different group.  Thanks again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Can you also confirm what speakers you have assigned to which room name? You may have enabled/disabled Autoplay or Ungroup on Autoplay in room settings. 

Sonos ones stereo pair assigned to family room and the new a pair or ones too.  Thank you for your help 

Hi 

Thank you so much for your reply.  I have managed to set it up under a different name and understand it.  I just dont know now how to connect the two stereo one’s to the LG soundbar which I have on a separate TV in that room.  I don’t know if you can attach the sonos one product to a different soundbar make?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi 

Thank you so much for your reply.  I have managed to set it up under a different name and understand it.  I just dont know now how to connect the two stereo one’s to the LG soundbar which I have on a separate TV in that room.  I don’t know if you can attach the sonos one product to a different soundbar make?

You can only use the Ones with a Sonos soundbar. They won’t work with the LG one.