Adapter trim for SONO In-Ceiling speakers to existing 9" cutouts.

• 24 November 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge

I replaced my existing Definitive Technology UIW 83/A in-ceiling speakers and Connect:Amp with SONOS Architecture In-Ceiling speakers and SONOS Amp. My previous speakers required a 9” diameter cutout which was too big for the SONOS In-Ceiling speakers. So I designed an adapter trim and ordered 3D prints using Nylon 12 (SLS) dyed black. Attached is a photo of the installation and a link to the adapter trim STL file should anyone need to 3D print a pair. I like the small black reveal but if one prefers they can print the adapter trim in white as well.

The SONOS In-Ceiling speakers with SONOS Amp sound fantastic. They have similar timbre and so blend much better with my other SONOS players than my previous speakers; and they look great. 

The trim adapter STL file is publicly accessible and can be downloaded here: TrimAdapter.STL

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

A small correction, these are not Sonos in-ceiling speakers. Sonos does not make such a device, however they have partnered with a company named Sonance, and do sell the Sonance speakers through the Sonos store. 

Badge

Thank you for the correction.