2 Week Shipping Delay - Arc

• 13 July 2021
  • 6 replies

Hi everyone, I bought an Arc on Sonos.com and it “shipped” on 6/29 but since then FedEx has been stuck on Shipment Information Sent to FedEx. Contacted Sonos last week and was told to just wait. But was just wondering if anyone else had hit this in the past? 2 weeks seems like a really long time for something that is ‘in stock’ 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Since the item has left Sonos’ hands and is with FedEx, have you contacted FedEx? I’m pretty sure Sonos has no ability to influence the inner workings of FedEx. It’s probably useful that you called Sonos, so that the information might be used when they re-evaluate the shipping relationship, but it is unlikely Sonos can affect a change with FedEx on an individual shipping issue. 

Since the item has left Sonos’ hands and is with FedEx, have you contacted FedEx? I’m pretty sure Sonos has no ability to influence the inner workings of FedEx. It’s probably useful that you called Sonos, so that the information might be used when they re-evaluate the shipping relationship, but it is unlikely Sonos can affect a change with FedEx on an individual shipping issue. 

So according to FedEx, they have not received it. That’s why it’s still on Shipment Information Sent to FedEx instead of Picked Up

Ah, that wasn’t clear from my reading of your original post. Apologies. 

Two things. From what I recall from Sonos, when they ship an item, they send an email with the tracking data in it.  Second, and perhaps more importantly, I’m fairly confident that Sonos has been hit just as hard as other companies by both the pandemic, and the chip shortage across the world. Which doesn’t explain why it says it’s shipped, and you haven’t gotten the email, but it may have been an error  by someone to flip that flag, and it actually hasn’t shipped, as you haven’t had that email generated with the tracking number.

I’m afraid my Arcs were shipped without issue, but that was on release, and many, many months ago. I did not experience this oddity that you are. 

Sorry I don’t have a better answer for you, it’s entirely possible that the person you spoke to on the phone couldn’t figure it out either, hence the suggestion to wait it out. I’d assume when it actually ships, you’ll get that tracking number email. 

One random data which may or may not be significant to you...both my Arcs shipped from the same location on the same day, but FedEx took them two different routes, and they arrived on two different days. I can’t explain that one, either, 

I see. Thank you for that datapoint. Yeah, the weird thing with my case is that I also bought two Play 5 stands alongside the arc and I got the same shipping email for both with the tracking info for each. The stands got delivered 2 days later but no sign of the Arc making it to FedEx so yeah I guess it may have been a mistake in the warehouse and it still being fulfilled by them

My interpretation is that ‘shipping’ is a two step process. The first step is submitting the label information to FedEx, the second step is the physical pick-up. In this case I think that all of the labels were submitted, even though the ARC was not yet physically available.  It’s also possible that there was a glitch in the inventory count as the labels were submitted, your unit was not present, and you’ll need to wait for another shipment from the factory.