1st Generation Play:5 Floorstands

• 12 May 2017
  • 4 replies

Hello, folks. I've moved into a new place and need floorstands for my beloved black, first-generation Play:5s. My local Best Buy was a bust. Then, I ordered the Flexson floorstands from Amazon, but after making me wait three weeks, it canceled the order saying they were out of stock. I hate Amazon now.

Assuming the original Flexsons are unavailable, what's the next best alternative? Do floorstands for the second-generation Play:5s work as a substitute?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Hmmm. Just looked at the gen 1 Play:5 on my desk, and there's no post to attach it to a stand. Given that, is there any chance you could mount some shelves where you want them? I'm partial to floating shelves, but the weight might be a factor. I don't recall any Sonos specific stands for Play:5s. Of course, you could get a generic "heavy" speaker stand, and potentially seat it with industrial velcro, but I'm not wild about that idea. If it doesn't have a complete width base on which the speaker would sit, I'd be nervous about it being bumped and falling off. The shelf idea would be ideal in my book.
Thank you for your suggestions, Airgetlam.

Floating shelves aren't in the agenda around here, and I'm also concerned about the Play:5 not sitting fully on a generic stand. Flexson did make a stand for the Play:5, but no one is selling them anymore. It's very frustrating.
Understood. Perhaps eBay or an online seller might still have the older Flexson models. Best of luck!
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
... I ordered the Flexson floorstands from Amazon, but after making me wait three weeks, it canceled the order saying they were out of stock. I hate Amazon now.

Sorry I cannot really help re the stands, but I have had the same Amazon experience and now never use them (unless there really is no other option 1 every few years!!).

As a last resort, could you get another speaker stand and then create a "Play 5" sized base plate and attach it the stand? Then fix your Play 5s using double sided tape.