Question

ZonePlayer ZP90 appears to have died

• 29 October 2020
  • 7 replies

Badge

A few days ago my ZP90 failed to show up in the app. The white status light was no longer showing. There was however some power getting through, because the lights above each of the USB ports were flickering. 

I tried using a different power lead, plugged into a different power outlet. This made no difference. I tried a factory reset on three separate occasions. Again, nothing. 

Prior to this, there was nothing to suggest a problem, nor any maltreatment of any kind. 

I guess it has just quietly died. Just as a last hope, does anyone have any other suggestions, please?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @cliffope.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us and for going the extra mile on starting with some basic troubleshooting steps. I understand where you’re coming from and it can be quite confusing as to what has happened. Let me help you out.

I would like to recommend contacting our technical support team for a more in-depth troubleshooting step or possible product replacement. We may also want to try in contacting our sales team @+18006802345 option 4 so they can discuss with you the process of what to do and how to take advantage of our trade-up program.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Badge

Thanks Paul. However, I’m UK based. On the one occasion I was able to find the UK contact number (it’s well hidden), I was left holding on the line for 30 mins before finally giving up. Now I can no longer find that number (not that it was any help when I could), I’m left with generally unsatisfactory options like an automated bot that seems programmed to frustrate. What do you suggest, please? Thanks in advance. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @cliffope.

Thanks for your immediate response and feedback.

We apologize for the frustration and inconvenience this has caused. Another alternative way of contacting our technical support team is via chat support. I would advise clicking on the link and then click on talk with us option. That will direct you to our technical support team via chat.

I hope this helps.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Badge

Thanks Paul. However, I’ve tried that several times in the past, and again on receiving your suggestion. On every occasion, it’s taken me to the automated bot (Sonos Assistant). Admittedly, on a couple of occasions I did try out of hours (as just now). However, this always happens, whether I try during Mon to Fri 9am - 5pm or whether I try outside those hours. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @cliffope.

Thanks for the feedback and immediate response.

If you are available today, Can we try using the chat with us option on the link I have provided? It is currently live and working. If using the phone support to contact seems to be getting nowhere, I would like to suggest using the chat support, same technical support team. It is live and online as of this moment. Just follow the prompts once chat support has been engaged.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Badge

Thanks Paul. The weirdest thing - I was about to chat you, and thought I should prepare by plugging in the ZP90 and having it ready on my desk for the chat. Guess what - the status light lit up! I cannot explain it. I know this sounds a bit unbelievable, but I promise this was a bona fide case. 

Thank you very much for the really prompt replies, and sincere apologies for giving you the run-around. 

Peter

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @cliffope.

Thanks for the update and immediate response. 

I’m happy that the ZP90 did not officially run dry. However, My recommendation still stands. You may want to think about it. I do hope you continue to love and enjoy your Sonos.

Thanks,