Answered

Youtube Video stopped working Airplay 2 - Any Workaround?

• 18 February 2021
  • 6 replies

Until recently I could use my iPhone to watch a Youtube video and play the audio on my Sonos One 

Now the Sonos One does not appear as a device to send sound to.

Is there a workaround?

Sonos say to use Youtube Music - this defeats the object as I want to watch a video.

PS. I have a YouTube Premium account.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 8 March 2021, 17:41

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

I’d try three reboots. First, your router, second, your speaker, and third, your iPhone. 

not sure why that would make a difference

Fine, feel free to ignore the advice.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

This is a community support forum. Many here have had systems for years. The first thing to try if you have issues is what has been suggested above. This ensures your system is connected correctly and there are no duplicated ip addresses on your home network. 

If that doesn’t work then come back and let us know and we can see what else to look for. 

Ok. Done the above as suggested. 

No connection offered by the YouTube app although there has been one previosuly.

Sonos support say there is a workaround but they cannot advise.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @gcoppard 

Welcome to the Sonos Community! Are you still having this issue?

Are you able to connect your iPhone’s AirPlay to your Sonos One in the iPhone’s Control Centre, rather than from within the YouTube app?

Do you have another Apple product you can try AirPlay-ing from?

If the answers are no, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system.