Answered

Wifi change, cannot reconnect sonos system

• 5 January 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

Hi all,

yesterday I’ve changed my wifi (router and internet provider) at home.

If I open the sonos app from my phone the “System” voice is greyed out (see image below, sorry for the italian).

The alert I see (“impossibile trovare il Sonos System”) does not fix the problem: it can find my sonos device, I push the back button but the it can’t find the device.

Another problem is that I have the old wifi but without internet adn if I try to connect my phone to the old wifi I can select “System” and try to change the wifi connection of my Sonos envirorment but the procedure stops when the app checks it the the app itself is updated. This is frustrating.

I’ve also tried to reset the Sonos One device: 1. unplug the power; 2. press the back button; 3. keep pressing the back button while plugging the power. Nothing.

Any suggestion?

can you please help me?

icon

Best answer by UKMedia 5 January 2022, 12:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1061?language=en_US

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

The easiest option is to change the wi-fi settings on your new router (SSID and Password) to match that of your old router.