Question

Why does my Sonos Move not work anymore

• 25 October 2020
  • 7 replies

Why does my Sonos move not work anymore, this worked for most of the last year then in the recent weeks it has been spotey and reset a few times, now it will not connect over wifi or allow bluetooth connections. Honestly this is a nice product but way too much trouble for the money as I have wasted hours with setup over and over again this year and now it does not stay connected at all

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @lars90274, thank you for reaching out, and welcome to the Sonos community. I appreciate your detailed post describing the issue. Let me help you with this.

Please submit a diagnostic report from your Sonos system for us to check. Just include the confirmation number in your response so that we can look up the information.

If you need help with any other information, feel free to reach out. We'll wait for your reply.

Note that this system worked with my phone and ipad and now it does not work. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @lars90274, thank you for your response and for submitting the diagnostic report. Let me check it for you.

Upon checking the diagnostic, your Sonos Move does not have a connection to the Sonos cloud server and the status of the device is pending registration. This is why you're having issues with your Sonos Move.

To address this, you need to refresh the connection of your devices. Let me suggest the following basic troubleshooting to address your concern.

1. A sequential reboot means that we need to do this in order.
    • Unplug your network devices (modem, router, any wireless access points on the network) from the power and wait for 60 full seconds before you plug it back in.
    • Once the router is back online, unplug all your Sonos devices from the power. Please wait 15 seconds before you plug back them back in.
    • Force close the Sonos app from your iOS or Android device.
    • When the status light on your Sonos speakers are solid white, get back on the Sonos app and check if you're connected.
    • Play music from your music service to test.
  2. Complete the registration
    • At the bottom screen on the Sonos app > Tap on the bars or frequency icon > Tap on Sonos Move Unused > Select "In a new room" if prompted > follow the steps on the app to complete the registration
  3. Check for updates
    • In the Sonos app > System > Check for Updates

If after performing the steps above and you're still experiencing the same on the Sonos app, I recommend contacting our Sonos Customer Care support to remotely access your device to perform in-depth troubleshooting. Also, please provide your full network setup including the make and model for each device when you contact them.

If you need help with any other information, please feel free to reach out. The Sonos community is always here to help.

Ok, this was already done, and the device and accounts were set up and working from last month. Eery other network and device is working but the sonos, and the sonos used to work. Again this is ridiculus and something is wrong with sonos.

Also, sonos chat does not respond, and the other contact options are not responsive.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @lars90274, thank you for getting back to us and we appreciate your feedback. 

I understand that you have performed the steps provided. The diagnostic that you provided shows that your Sonos did not complete the registration and does not have a connection to the Sonos cloud server. Performing the recommended steps is necessary to address the issue.

We apologize for the inconvenience. We have phone support and chat support teams to help you out. Please be bear with us. You will be assisted as soon as the representative becomes available. 

We referred you to contact our Sonos Customer Care support to perform in-depth troubleshooting and understand your full network setup. Our phone support has the tools to check what's going on in your system and to remotely access your device to address the issue. 

You may reach our Sonos Customer Care at 1-800-680-2345. In the prompt, kindly select the technical department. The hours of operation are from 10 am - 8 pm EST, Monday - Thursday EST, 10 am - 5 pm EST, and 6 pm - 8 pm EST on Fridays.

Please feel free to reach out in the future if you have any other questions.

You're always welcome here.