When a new e-mail comes to Outlook Sonos stops playing

• 27 November 2020
  • 7 replies

Everytime Outlook is running sonos tops playing when an new emial arrives.

What can we done??

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Is an Play:5 or another component with Line-In wired to the PC?

There is a connect-amp but not wired to the PC. Wired to the network.

But the problem has never been there before. I run win 10 pro and office 2019. Earlier I run win 10 home and Outlook 2016.

That’s indeed odd. What is the source of the music you’re playing when this happens? 

I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it, or post the diagnostic number here for a Community Moderator to pick up.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis.

Userlevel 7

Hi @Søren Andersen 

Are you by chance streaming to Sonos via Airplay or a streaming service on an iPhone, iPad or MacOS device? If so you can turn off mail notifications in Settings > Notifications.

Hi. I am playing music from my own library on my Nasdisk. But its the same when I play music from a streaming-account f.eks. Telmore. Maybe a conflict between to programs that will use the same unit??

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

What device is this on? Outlook runs on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android. Your problem makes little sense on any of these, but to get started lets figure out the operating system at least.

As mentioned partly earlier in the topic runs it on a pc mit win 10 Pro latest build. 20H2. Office is 2019. Hope someone can help-:)