Answered

Tidal won't connect to Sonos speaker.

• 12 February 2020
  • 11 replies

i can play tidal on my sonos play 1 from sonos app but not from tidal app because it won't connect

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 13 February 2020, 17:47

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Hello @ohempel. Welcome to the community. I understand that you are unable to play TIDAL to Sonos from the Tidal application. Have you followed our article on how to direct control TIDAL, which can be found here.

If you have already tried that, are you getting any error messages on the TIDAL application? 

Hello,

I have the dame problem. I can not control Sonos from TIDAL app. It works perfectly from Spotify, but not from TIDAL app. I have tried couple of times unlink the account from Sonos and connect it back. It worked then for 2 minutes and the the Sonos speaker from Tidal controll disappeared again(stil available in Spotify app). Sonos Five in stereo, diagnostic: 1179178873.

Any ideas?

thank you,

Lukas , Prague, Czech Republic 

Badge

Same problem here.

Has worked before, maybe it's an S1 limitation, because my system is not updated to S2 yet, due to some incompatible devices.

Which Sonos version do you use, S1 or S2?

*Edit* Now it works again, no idea why… 😂

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Jever1970, thanks for reaching out. About your concern with Tidal, Is everything working fine already? Or are you still having issues with Tidal or any other music service?

If you have other questions with your Sonos products, feel free to reach out.

The Sonos community is always here to help.

Badge

It was a short time it worked again, now my Sonos devices are again not visible directly in the Tidal app.
Works fine on my Android smartphone but not on iOS?  IPad Pro (2nd gen), iPhone 11 Pro, both with iOS 14.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Check the “Local Network” permission for the app on ios14.

Userlevel 1

Same for me. Used to work but iOS 14 now no longer works

Badge

Check the “Local Network” permission for the app on ios14.

That toggle is set to “on”, for Tidal and Sonos, so should be okay...

Hi @Jever1970, thanks for reaching out. About your concern with Tidal, Is everything working fine already? Or are you still having issues with Tidal or any other music service?

If you have other questions with your Sonos products, feel free to reach out.

The Sonos community is always here to help.

Hey , i have the same problem with the app , i can play music with Tidal app to Sonos five , i hope you can fix this problem .

Its really freakout this situation , your sonos products have a very high cost , so i need a solution 

Please contact me , send me a message , im very concern about this situation 

Before to control Sonos on your controller, you need to add Tidal to Sonos first. Some people used the social account from Facebook or Twitter to sign up for Tidal. If you are one of them, please follow the steps below to link Sonos with your Tidal service:

Step 1. Open the Sonos app on your device and choose "Music Source"

Step 2. Click "Add Music Services". Then tap on "Tidal"

Step 3. Tap "I already have an account" >"Next".

Step 4. Type in your username and password of Tidal account, and then check "Next"> "Finish".

Or you could try to play TIDAL music on Sonos without the TIDAL app. Just download and convert TIDAL to MP3 by using TunesKit Audio Capture. Then download your favorite tracks to your computer and stream them from Sonos music library through Sonos.

Step 1. Click "Manage" >"Music Library Settings"

Step 2. Hit "Add" button on a PC, or the "+" bar on a Mac.

Step 3. Choose the target music folder and input your computer's password according to the on-screen instructions.

User from Croatia here. I just signed up for Tidal HiFi account, and have the same problem - Sonos group (two Play:1s) is visible in Tidal app, but although it is selected music won't cast through it. Just the same, Tidal service is not visible in service list in Sonos app. Tidal app works fine though.

Thanks in advance for help