Answered

Three issues: 1. S2 Doesn't recognize Products; 2. Sub3/One SL pair drop and 3. Dialog Duplicates in Surround

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Stack: Sony A80J 77’ TV / eArc / Sonos Arc, Sub3, One SL pair (5.1.2)

Streaming: ATV 4k (gen2) and Firetv4kmax devices used with the above display

Router: Is in the same room (10 x 20) as all 5 speakers; it is Wifi 6 and manufactured in the last year or so; it is a “Spectrum Router” that does not broadcast SSIDs for 5g and 2.4g networks separately; only a combined network

I run SonosNet Channel 1, with 1 One SL wired (changing the wireless channel has no effect)

All of the below happen regardless of Streaming device or streaming application being used (Netflix Ultra, HBOMax, Prime, Hulu etc)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The below used to be intermittent; now I’m having to reboot my various speakers, almost daily. Nothing has changed in my set up

1 Wireless set up

1. S2 app never recognizes my “products” (Sub3, One SL pair) it does recognize the Arc
  2. After exiting set up (for Sub3 and One SL pair) I get them to show up but they are always in “Living Room 2” (I only have one room and that is “Living Room” where the Arc is)
  3. I futz around in the app, and get the surrounds and sub transferred over to “Living Room” eventually
  • Why wont the system recognize my Sub3 and Surrounds in the “add products” step and put them in “Living Room”?
  • Is SonosNet Channel as my dedicated wifi/net, a more optimal configuration than wireless generally? 

2 Sub3/One SL pair drop audio (mainly when switching inputs, music to tv; sometimes just randomly)

1. Though they still show up as connected in my “Living Room” product read out, the parenthetical read out subsequent to “Living Room”, on the System page 
  2. Again, the sub3 and surrounds are still showing up as connect but no audio emanates from them
  3. If I turn off the surrounds and sub with the S2 toggle switch, the Arc then starts to play deeper bass and sounds better
  4. This is happening daily, now
  • Sometimes Trueplay re-tuning solves this, most of the time I have to drop the sub and the surrounds and add them back - then I run into issue #1 above.

3 Dialog and sound duplicates

1. Sound and sound effects, coming from the the Arc bar, are duplicated in the One SL pair, creating a echo effect
  2. This is for stereo audio, and 5.1 and Atmos content

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I suspect the Router is the issue, even though it is a modern router and is close to all speakers.

What is the best way to go about troubleshooting all of the above without pulling my hair out dealing with a non-technical, frontline CS person, reading off a script?

• Should I factory reset my whole system, losing all that I’ve built out with my music functionality?
  • Should I get a different router, if so where is the recommended list from Sonos?
  • Or, is there a way to get trained support from knowledgeable folks inside Sonos?
  • I was a Beta tester, but those skilled folks can only engage with issues related to the current S2 beta version push (and that is not the case here).
  • I disengaged from the S2 beta test, cleared the beta version of the S2 app off my system (phone), to eliminate beta versions of the app as a variable in this.
  • The S2 App has never recognized my “products” in correct set up sequence since my first set up, and this is with two different routers.

icon

Best answer by ratty 11 June 2022, 22:42

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Stack: Sony A80J 77’ TV / eArc / Sonos Arc, Sub3, One SL pair (5.1.2)

I run SonosNet Channel 1, with 1 One SL wired (changing the wireless channel has no effect)

Start by correcting this situation. You cannot have a surround (or Sub) as the sole wired device.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3209

Surround speakers or Sub cannot be used as the single wired product.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Ah, so it has to be the Arc, which is not possible. So that leaves me with regular wireless only

​​​​@ratty if I’m going to revert from SonosNet Channel wireless to regular wireless only, what procedure should I follow?

Thanks so much for your time/input!

​​​​@ratty if I’m going to revert from SonicNet wireless to regular wireless only, what procedure should I follow?

Here you go: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3209

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

I’m follow that procedure. Thanks so much, @ratty!!

I’m going to keep this open, without a “best answer” yet, so I don’t have to write out the whole thing again, should some of my issues persist.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

@ratty, ok that was easy enough. I have everything all connected back up, via regular wireless. For the moment all is working as expected (music and display inputs).

I had to exit the “add products” function to get everything added, it just hung and hung; so that issue remains (it’s referred to in issue #1 in original post); however exiting the function did add everything in.

This was much easier than I’ve experience in the past. Hopefully, getting off the incorrectly configured SonosNet Channel network will bring me back to the flawless functioning I've had in the past; even if the “add product” feature remains buggy.

Thanks @ratty!!!

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Well, I got happy to soon. 

I’m on regular wireless:

Simply paused a movie for 5 minutes, came back and the sub3 and surrounds are still “in my system” but they’ve dropped out and no audio is coming from them. So, I continue to spin around in the same scenario described above.

What now @ratty?

Okay, well, it was a necessary first step to rectify your original network arrangement, but you could be experiencing the same issue as reported on this thread:

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Agreed, on the network item first. Debugging is sequentially, eliminating one item at a time…

What I’ve noticed is the sub and surround then start working a few minutes, after the content pause. After the first drop out, reported above, system was stable for the remainder of Saturday night. I will check your suggested article. Cheers, @ratty 

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

I like this idea, as I haven’t reserved:

• You didn't do anything but your router almost certainly refreshed IP address leases overnight.  Your router probably got a bit confused when rebooting speakers as part of the update You can remove the risk of this happening again by reserving IP addresses for your Sonos speakers in your router's DHCP settings (if it lets you)

There’s a lot of other good stuff in the thread, too. Excellent find @ratty! Thank you.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hey, @ratty I wanted you to know that simply switching off the SonosNet (with router linked to the incorrect device - surround speaker) as you initially suggested above solved all issues. 

My system has been 100% stable and functioning as expected.

Again, thanks so much!                                                                                                                                                                                                 

Good. There have also been some fixes in the latest 14.10 release which may have helped.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

I have 14.10 and didn’t even know it. Depending on when it dropped, I really think your advice is what made the difference. I went over to SonosNet because I was thinking it would be a more stable network config., lol.

I can’t remember the last time ai had to futz with my Sonos.❤️