Switching Between "My Sonos" Stations Stops the Music

• 3 April 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

This isn’t the worst problem I’ve ever had but it’s right up there alongside that annoying itch you can’t reach!

I have about 25 stations from a mix of iHeart Radio, XM and Pandora that I’ve saved in “My Sonos” and I routinely use them, just selecting one after another until I get the vibe I’m looking for.  Back to that annoying itch; whenever I do switch, it stops the music first and I have to re-select the favorite for it to play.

It certainly wasn’t always like this but it is lately.  This is an older legacy system, 3x Play 5 gen1’s, 2x Connect gen 1’s, 2x Sonos One’s.  This particular problem is with a Play 5.  All Sonos components use Sonos Net.

I’d like to know if others experience the same issue and gather your thoughts on maybe why this could be happening.

Cheers, Gary

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Gary_15 

Thanks for your post.

To clarify, you’ll be listening to one station and select another from the My Sonos screen, and the currently playing stream is stopped, but the new stream you’ve selected doesn’t play until you tap the selection again? And this only happens on a particular Play:5?

If this is the case, please switch off your WiFi router and Sonos Play:5. Once the router has been off for 30 seconds, switch it back on and wait for internet access to come back before switching on the Play:5 again.

Has that helped?