Answered

Surround speakers and subwoofer keep dropping from App

• 6 June 2021
  • 4 replies

This just started a few weeks ago.  I have never had this problem before. 

System: Beam, (2) play 1’s and sub for surround system.  Play 5.  Roam.

I’m frequently losing connection to the sub and play 1’s in app for surround.  Intermittently lose connection of Roam.

Nothing has changed with equipment; router and modem are the same.  Internet service is the same.  I did add (1) Roam to the system and now that I think about it…...these issues started when I added the Roam.

Diagnostic submitted is 1597700739

I’ve tried resetting network, rebooting mesh hubs, removing and adding back sub and play 1’s….all troubleshooting has failed.

Please help.

Danny

icon

Best answer by Xander P 7 June 2021, 10:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

In surround mode BEAM will establish a direct link with SUB and the surrounds. It is possible that there is some 5GHz WiFi interference that is causing issues. SONOS support can see this in the diagnostic. Rebooting BEAM might help, but wait until after submitting a diagnostic because the reboot will destroy some diagnostic data.

thank you buzz.  my playstation is under the beam, tv is over it.  quite possibly one the other or both are causing this but I won’t change anything until i hear back from sonos after looking at diagnostic.

thanks.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @dustmonkey, welcome to the Sonos Community!

It does look like there’s a little 5GHz interference affecting the Beam - would it be possible to test with the Playstation powered off for a short while, to check if there’s any improvement?

Let us know how you get on :)

thank you for responding.  the playstation is usually powered all the way down as opposed to putting it in rest mode, but now that we are talking about this i just realized that these problems started after i got the ps5 and I just happened to get the Roam 2 or 3 days after I got the ps5, so i just assumed it might have been the Roam.

it did it again last night and when i started Sonos the ps5 was not on.  i went ahead and unplugged the Beam and restarted and it connected immediately to everything.  maybe that’ll do the trick, i had not tried that before.

if i’m still having trouble i will send another diagnostic.  

thank you