Answered

Sub issues…

• 22 June 2021
  • 8 replies

Hi there,

My diagnostic code is 1505463390

basically in a nut shell. The sub won’t connect to the playbar. When it does it sounds muffled like it’s underwater. The playbar now won’t connect to the play 3’s (that are paired together). 

tried everything,  no joy at all. Please can someone help?

cheers 

icon

Best answer by Xander P 23 June 2021, 15:08

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

You need to ‘unpair’ the Play 3’s and have them standalone before bonding them as surrounds to the playbar. When you have all the devices bonded as one HT Room, then perhaps see if TruePlay tuning the Sonos Room resolves the issues for you, that’s if you have a capable iOS device that can do that, or can maybe borrow one?

Hi there

thanks, I’ve now added the play 3’s to the sound bar. However the sub is still AWOL (though it appears connected but no icon is displayed in the system). The only option is to remove the sub.?  How can I fix this, it’s so frustrating. I did try at the wknd to pair the sub and play 3’s as a set and it worked fine, I then tried to add them all to the playbar and the sub just went super quiet and muffled. But as we speak right now there is not a bar of noise coming out of it…. 😩

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @SubLife, thanks for reaching out to the Sonos Community!

From the diagnostic there looks to be a little 5GHz interference around the Playbar - are there any other wireless devices in close proximity?

If so, it may be worth turning them off temporarily, and then trying to re-establish the connection with your surrounds and Sub - let us know how you get on :)

Hiya,

I have a just bought a brand new Samsung Frame TV, that was originally connected to the 5GHz, (this is when the issues started) but then I changed it down to match everything else that was on 2.4 (I.e phones and Sonos products) I’ll try again tonight and turn the tv off to see how I go. I’ll keep you posted. 

cheers 

Hi Xander,

No joy sadly. Turned the TV off, but it (the sub) still doesn’t want to know. The sub is currently connected but not a peep coming out of it. 😩

new diagnostic number 804 815 818

I’d imagine it will say “ soundbar and play 3’s working well. Sub being a pain in the arse…”

😬

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Understood, thanks for trying that @SubLife.

Still no sign of the Sub as you’ve guessed - is there any change if you try to remove the Sub with the TV powered off? As there was definitely a reduction in 5GHz noise in the last diagnostic. It may also be worth rebooting in order; your router, the Playbar, then the Surrounds, and finally the Sub - waiting for each device to fully power on before moving to the next.

If there’s no change still however, I’d recommend reaching out to the Support Team via live chat or phone call so they can take a closer look :)

Thanks mate. Will try that. 

Hiya,

it didn’t work sadly, I’ll need to give them a call, cheers