Answered

Spotify disconnects on lock screen

• 3 June 2021
  • 5 replies

Hi, 
I have a consistent issue when steaming music from Spotify to my Sonos play1 speakers. I set music to play and after a little while Spotify disconnects from the speaker so I can no longer pause the music or skip songs. The music continues play but I just can’t control it as Spotify reverts to listening on ‘This phone’. I can usually reselect the speaker as the device and it will pick up the song that is playing and allow me to control it again.   

This is very frustrating, has anyone experienced the same issue and able to suggest a suitable resolution? 

icon

Best answer by melvimbe 3 June 2021, 21:52

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Are you using airplay2?  Spotify Connect?  Rather then streaming Spotify directly through the Sonos app?

Are you using airplay2?  Spotify Connect?  Rather then streaming Spotify directly through the Sonos app?

This is using Spotify connect

There have been a lot of similar reported issues with Spotify.  I would make sure you are up to date with your Spotify and Sonos apps/firmware.

I am having the same issue, and Spotify, the Sonos iOS app, and Arc firmware are all up to date. 

There were supposedly changes in this week’s update that were intended to fix some Spotify issues. If yours is still misbehaving, perhaps your particular issue was not the one (or in the ones) that were addressed. Perhaps if you were to submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.