Answered

Split system

• 21 February 2021
  • 5 replies

After installing the new app and boost, my system is now split in my house.  The tv area with the playbar, 3’s and base are seemingly on their own system while everything else is on a different one.  

icon

Best answer by John B 22 February 2021, 10:43

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Hi. You appear from your profile to have at least one device that is not compatible with S2. If you have put your S2 compatible speakers onto S2 then you have chosen to split your system. 

Can you please clarify what you did and what you were trying to achieve?

Yes.  My router is next to the TV as is the playbar, subwoofer and a pair of 3’s.  In the living room has a 5, in my office a 1, in the master are a pair of 1’s and in my wife’s office is a 1.  On the old app I had a bridge and all worked together.  Once I went to the new app nothing worked and I was told the bridge was not compatible so I bought a boost.  I checked and all of the other speakers are compatible with the new app.  Now It seems the system is broken into 2 systems.  Sometimes the TV room set works, sometimes the rest of  the house works and sometimes both work but are playing different music.  I have hard wired speakers to the modem to get connectivity but it rarely lasts for long.  The only thing I can think of is that my EERO extender is causing trouble.  Problem is it worked seamlessly before the new app.  I am at a loss.

Thank you!

Userlevel 7

Can you post a photo of your Play:5 so we can confirm the model?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

A “split system” usually means you have some Sonos devices running on S1 software and other Sonos devices running on S2. Do I read your post right in that you run S2 on all devices, but are unable to contact them on the S2 app all at once?

It will definitely be useful to have answers to the questions posed in the other replies.  It seems to me there are two possibilities here:

1. You have at least one Sonos speaker that is not compatible with S2, in which case you should have added the Boost to your S1 system and not upgraded to S2; OR
  2. All your Sonos equipment is compatible with S2, in which case you have probably just added the Boost incorrectly.

The information you have given to date is a bit contradictory on point 1.  Your profile says you have a gen 1 Play:5, but one of your posts says that all of your devices are S2-compatible.  I assume this lies behind the question asked by @GuitarSuperstar .

Please respond to the questions posed so far so that we can get a clearer picture.