Answered

Speaker room name change won't save

• 16 October 2021
  • 3 replies

I’ve recently moved my Symfonisk speaker from its place in the Office/Den and swapped places the Kitchen-based Play 3. I was able to save the Symfonisk’s room name to Kitchen 2 in the iOS app but the Play 3 will not keep the new room name.  Now both keep overriding any name changes I give them. 

Any ideas why?

Video of the issue below:

I do not have Apple Home setup at all in case that’s important.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 16 October 2021, 14:30

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

You may have the devices registered as an ‘accessory’ in Apple HomeKit - if so, rename them in that App and the name will then stay-put in both that App and the Sonos App too.

Er… I don’t have any HomeKit but I do have the default Home app. It’s … empty 

Er… I don’t have any HomeKit but I do have the default Home app. It’s … empty 

Have you (or perhaps someone else in your Household) ever set up the Home App (commonly referred to by its older name of Homekit) on their current (or a past) iOS mobile/tablet?.. usually this issue is the Home App on an iOS mobile, taking control of the Sonos device and renaming the speakers back to their accessory name when it’s first registered in that Home App