Answered

Sorround setup stopped working (Arc + Play 1)

• 29 June 2021
  • 7 replies

Sorround setup stopped working about 2 weeks ago. I reconnected both arc and 2xPlay1 at that time. Since then, when I try to connect - it gives an error message by the end of the sorround sound synchronisation. One of the two speakers does pair and play the sorround sound, the other one does not. 

During the setup phase the speaker which is not connected by the end, does react properly when the setup asks me to locate the speaker and if I want to connect them. 

What can I try to do? 
I have this diagnostics number 2000725303

icon

Best answer by Xander P 30 June 2021, 12:21

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7

Try unplugging the Arc and Play:1s from power for a couple of minutes and reboot your router. You can also try switching the position of the Play:1s (left rear speaker now becomes right rear speaker). If possible, you could also try connecting the Arc directly to the router with an ethernet cable.

Thank you for the feedback, although unfortunately it did not resolve the problem.

I disconnected router + Arc + 2x play1 and rebooted. I also switched the position of the two play 1’s and the Arc should already be cabled. 
How can I proceed?

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Kim Skovgaards, thanks for reaching out!

Looks like you’ve disabled the wireless card on the Arc, preventing it from communicating with the surrounds - you should be able to resolve this by re-enabling the wireless card through the app (Settings > System > Stue > Arc > Enable WiFi)

Let us know if this helps :)

Thanks Xander, that did the trick :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@Xander P Can you please talk to the people that take care of the UI for Sonos? The app says that you disable wifi, when what in fact you doing means you disable all radio communication (Wifi, Sonosnet and the 5Ghz connection with the surrounds). This has been spotted before. You rightly say: “disabled the wireless card“, but that is not what the app says. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @106rallye - I can see your point and I’ll be happy to pass that on for you :)

Frankly, I’d recommend disabling that option on all soundbars in the controller.