Answered

sony smart tv and Sonos Move via bluetooth

• 27 July 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Just bought a 2021 Sony smart tv for my patio and connected my Move via Bluetooth. It worked perfectly watching a Netflix movie. Then changes to YouTube and had no sound. Tried another Netflix movie and still no sound. Tv shows it’s connected to the Move. I’m confused in the change. Any ideas on the issue? Sony remote says Bluetooth also when operating volume. Don’t want a sound bar out on the patio and would like this Move to work. My house is full of Sonos so it’s not new to me. 

icon

Best answer by Dogdad 2 August 2021, 17:57

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Try rebooting the Move following the steps below and then re-pairing the TV to the Move over Bluetooth.

1. Take Move off of the charging base.
  2. Hold the power button for at least 5 seconds, or until the status light turns off.
  3. Wait 10 seconds.
  4. Press the power button or place Move back onto its charging base.
Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Dogdad 

Thanks for your post!

It may also be worth trying a reboot of the TV - unplug it from power for 30 seconds. Please also check for any software update available for the TV.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Found what the issue was. Since the tv’s are generally only 10 watts, you have to go way up on the  volume of both the tv and Move. I wasn’t going up high enough.Then you have audio. The Move does not get as loud as it does with the Sonos system on WiFi. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Dogdad 

I’m glad to hear you fixed it - thanks for updating us here!