Sony Bravia 900... Sonos Arc, Gen 3 Sub. two SLs and Xbox series x

• 4 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Anyone else having an issue with Sonos App not recognizing the system when playing the new series x? I had to re-pair my sub and SL surround speakers twice in one day after playing Xbox Series x… system  and app works absolutely fine until I turn on the Xbox after that the app doesn’t recognize my surround set up...audio still plays but I lose all functionality with the app 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Gavazzo.

Thanks for reaching out, let me check it for you.

May I know your home theater configuration, please include the make and model of the TV if that is where the Sonos home theater master (soundbar or Amp) is connected? 

What type of connection is in use? HDMI or optical cable?

To better understand your setup, kindly reproduce the issue, then submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app shortly after the issue occurs, and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system as well as the status of the devices, it will help in identifying what's possibly causing the issue.

You may also check our support article that will help you reduce wireless interference around your Sonos products. Reducing wireless interference can help issues with Sonos like audio dropouts or speakers disappearing from the app.

Let me know how that goes.

Hi there and thank you for replying! The model of the tv is a 75 inch Sony XBR X800H Dolby Atmos compatible through ARC. The tv is wall mounted with my components resting on a wall mounted entertainment shelf with the arc sitting on the top of that with my other components on the shelf below and my Xbox and router to the left of he Sonos arc I will include a picture as reference. I have not had the issue today and with both instances the problem occurred after powering down my Xbox. On the second time the system was still outputting audio but the system was not recognized in the app. Unfortunately l can’t recreate the problem since today I’ve played my Xbox a few times throughout the day with no issue. I was advised that if the issue does occur again to hardwire the arc to my router and and to use a Sonos network for connection to my SL1 surround speakers and Sonos Gen 2 subwoofer. All of the Sonos components are linked together via WiFi as of right now. I have the strongest internet plan fios has to offer so that shouldn’t be the issue. If there is anything you can advise based on this communication and picture it would be appreciated!

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Gavazzo

Thanks for your response.

It’s nice to hear that the issue hasn’t gone back for a while now, and I’m looking forward to not getting it again but if in case, please do submit a diagnostic so we can check your system and go from there. As much as I would love to, it’ll be hard to correctly determine the root cause of the problem without the system diagnostic, aside from there are many potential causes like wireless interference, gateway issue, source issue, service issue, etc. 

Keep me posted.