Sonos won't connect My Playlists after Apple One sign up

• 25 January 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hi, I haven’t had any problems in the past using Apple Music through my Sonos. Then we signed up for Apple One and now I can’t access My Playlists. I’m logged into my iTunes account and I can play music from Apple Music, just not my own. I keep getting the “There was a problem connecting to Apple Music try again later” message. I’ve tried reauthorizing Apple Music, but only get the problem connecting message. The odd thing is my playlists appear occasionally and it looks like the music’s in there, but it won’t play and then disappears. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Not quite enough information to be certain, but you may be being hit by some type of wifi interference . I’d certainly try unplugging the Sonos from power, and rebooting your router. Once the router comes back up, plug back in the Sonos, wait a couple of minutes, and test. 

Badge

Thanks, I did try that. I can play other streaming services (Radio Paradise, etc.). It’s isolated to Apple Music only. 

That’s, at least to me, a pointer that the issue is likely on Apple’s side of things, not Sonos’. All Sonos does is point to an Apple server that they’re told to. Still, it might be worth a call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Badge

Ok. As a wild guess I updated the iOS on my phone and now everything works again. Not sure if that’s coincidence, but there it is. Thanks again for the advice